Monday, January 09, 2006

Dairy of a Mad Pomeranian

Ok, so I've had this whacky idea for a comic strip about an angry pomeranian. I've sat on this since 2001. I got to think recently that I have a lot of ideas and never really expound on them. So here it is. No promises, and no guarantees. I'm going to finally produce the strip. A little inof or background on the history of Chino the Angry Pomeranian. First off this character was concieved on Sept. 11th 2001. Of course this is a very emotionally and politically charged day for the United States. Amidst the circumstances I was talking with a friend about anti-terrorism operations. One way to cope with such extreme situations is humor. By making a character it would allow me to apply my anger and cynicism in a more postitive or at least more understandable way. My me, I love totake things that are at least considered normal and make them more than what they are. The thought of an angry pomerian that fights terrorism is kind of silly. I don't quite know if its funny, but I thought it was. then I got to thinking. What if my character was totally politically incorrect? I know its been done before, but what if all the characters around him were equally crooked? They would all be animals or something that some what resembles an animal. For example, Chino is a pretty high strung cheeky character that because of his size and resemblance to a chiguagua is accuse of being Mexican. Although in pop culture we associate one with the other. So he's usually hit with all sorts of stereotypes from spanish speaking people asking him to roll-over to people asking him for the Taco-Bell dog's autograph. I'm sure its been done before, but i'mhoping the mix of humor along with the different character's interactions. I've already had roughs on about 6 differenet characters. I hope to push out at least two strips a month. It may be too big of a taking, but I'll perhaps make it a blog to get faster feedback on the strip itself. I'll put a few posts up with the drafts as i get them

No comments: